Breaking In a Rebuilt MGA 1500

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Breaking In a Rebuilt MGA 1500
From: RatiganJ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 08:26:02 -0400 (EDT)
     I have just had my MGA 1500 engine rebuilt.  The machinist says to start
the engine quickly and run it for 20 minutes at 2000 rpm.  That is fine
except that the car sat for 15 years before I bought it.  I have rebuilt or
replaced almost everything (including the carbs) and I am afraid that the
chances of starting right up are about nil.  Therefore, I am wondering about
the concept of pulling the car at a constant speed to obtain the 2000 rpm.
 It seems that one would not even need to have the engine running for this
"break in".  In fact, I do not see that the sparks plugs need to be inserted
for this exercise.

     Am I missing something?

     Thanks for the help...
      Joe Ratigan