Re: Weather INSIDE buildings...

To: The English Connection <engconn@pottsville.infi.net>,
Subject: Re: Weather INSIDE buildings...
From: Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 15:10:43 -0700
Hi Geoff:
Regarding rain in the hanger. At the former Naval Air Station at Moffett
Field calif. I have seen it cloud tp and rain in the dirigable hanger. #1.
This was built in the early thirties, to house the "Los Angeles". Which was
lost in a storm some time later. As far as the Lucas thing. This is the
first Ive heard of it. I thought that Marelli and some other outfit took
them over some time ago.
Cheers:
Skip KelseyAt 04:18 PM 4/19/97 -0400, The English Connection wrote:
>Bud Krueger wrote:
>>
>> Leckstein wrote:
>> >
>> > At 11:48 PM 4/18/97 +0000, Scott Gardner wrote:
>>
>> Same thing at the South Weymouth, Mass. NAS Blimp Hanger.
>
>And yet again at the Cardington airship hangers in Bedfordshire, (not far
from the LBC
>site)  (See this location for pictures:-
>
> http://www.bre.co.uk/bre/press/civictrust/card_ton2.htm).
>
>These sheds were large enough for a famous glider pilot, Mr. Philip Wills,
in the mid
>30s. to use them as a source of slope soaring lift when trying to fly
X-country!