RE: new tires

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: new tires
From: Joe Peck <jpeck@ixc-comm.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 18:13:31 -0500
I have always believed that smaller tires yielded better handling. But
my 165s on my 71BGT are old and close to bald.

> And I now found 165R14 tires to be rare or nonexistent in my area
(MT).

I had to mail order my 165/14 tires.  I used Coker tire, on the web at
www.coker.com I believe.  Not bad - Avon brand, cost me $60 per tire.
 Took them to a local tire shop for mounting and balancing.

On my other B I bought a set of 175/14 cause I didn't think about
using mail order.  I don't think they make the car look as nice as the
165/14 size.  Don't know about handling.  I wish I had the same size
on the two cars.  Oh well...

joe