RE: Old fart?

To: "The Richards" <smrm@coastalnet.com>,
Subject: RE: Old fart?
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 97 12:13:27 UT
"Old Fartism" is a relative thing.  If you can recall, think about when you
saw any three generations worth of males (preferably family members) together.
 The third generation thinks that everyone else is an old fart while they
themselves have the exclusive corner on all wisdom and knowledge (I think we
can all conjure up some current examples of this phenomenon!), the second
generation thinks the third are a bunch of wise guys and the first a bunch of
old farts while perceiving themselves as "the right age".   The first
generation thinks that the third are just kids and discounts them altogether,
the second a  bunch of wise guys who've had it too easy, while seeing
themselves as youthful compared to their elders whom they refer to as those
old farts (even though "those old farts" may just be a memory!).  So the
scientific answer to your question - "Am I an old fart at 41?" is - it
depends!

Regarding Geezerdomism - after cross referencing, it's plain to see that it is
nothing more than a variant of old fart and can be used interchangeably!!

Anyone care to delineate the female equivalent - "that old b/witch"? - Be
cautious, it can be dangerous and much more complex as it  will need to
account for the geographical (e.g., east, west or north) and temporal (e.g.,
days in a month) variations!!!

Dr. Doug - pull my finger and listen
69 C Rdst (Old fart with a white top)
69 C GT (Good looking old fart but rather infirm as of late)
69 B Rdst (A Walter Mathauw? old fart - ugly but fun)
71 B GT (Good for nothing youngster)

P.S.  It's Sat. morning and I can hear the formula ones warming up at the
Nazareth Speedway - what a great sound!