Re: Cruise control

To: Mark Moburg <markmoburg@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Cruise control
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:17:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Mark Moburg!!

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Mark Moburg wrote:

> I used to have a VW Bus, on which I'd installed the world's simplest cruise
> control:  a brick.  Placed delicately but firmly on the throttle, it'd
> maintain 65 on the flat, 50 uphill.  A slight rearward movement with the

My old '59 with a '63 motor would do 67 wide open, windows CLOSED, and
65 windows OPEN, and could NEVER hold 50 uphill.  I used to get passed
by loaded logging trucks on the grades of the Hope-Princeton highway.

BUT, I will say one good thing about it: it was good for going through
snow... as long as you weren't going downhill!  Minimal steerage.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen  BTW, the '73 "B" was wonderful during the last
                    snowfall.