Re: Am I getting old or what?

To: Stefanie Davis <stefanie@bpe.com>
Subject: Re: Am I getting old or what?
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 11:24:09 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Stefanie Davis/Craig Wiper!!

On Thu, 1 May 1997, Stefanie Davis wrote:

> Some girls just don't have a clue, eh?

Well, at least they will listen to what you're trying to ask for.  I
guess I'm definitely into the "old fart" syndrom, because I'm loosing
patience with the parts guys who either can't read their parts books, or
want tosell me something I don't want/need.

Case in point:  Me: I need a felpro valve grind set for an '87 3.0l
chryco.
Parts guy: Oh, we have a "XYZ" gasket set that's just as good, & cheaper!
Me: Ok, thanks for the info, but I want the felpro set.
Parts guy:  Look, evrybody's using XYZ set, it's what you should buy.
Me:  (Red haze beginning to obscure my vision) I just want to do this
job ONCE.  I know felpro will do what I need.
Parts guy:  But yahdiddy dah, blah, blah, blah.
Parts guy's boss:  (who's interest has now been perked) Go get him the
felpro set.  To me: Hey mister, nice viens in your neck.

Ignorance can be cured, idiocy is permanent; neither is gender specific

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen