Re: Front End Shimmey

To: Steve Krane <skrane@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Front End Shimmey
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 09:13:00 -0700 (PDT)
Did you check the rubber pads that goe between the crossmember and the frame
of the car? There are two rubber pads on each of the four huge bolts. They
braek apart and fall out leaving a 1/4" gap. Other symptoms of this problem
include a clunk when you hit the breaks. If one is missing on one side,
hitting the braks also steers the car...

Other than that I would check and make sure that all of the bushes were
installed properly like the a-arm bushes. With the car jacked up try to rock
the wheels, pry against the suspension. Somewhere in there you will find
some play which is causing the shimmey

Chris Reichle