Re: Wiper switch mystery

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Subject: Re: Wiper switch mystery
From: Michael Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 15:08:43 -0700
Matt,
        I consulted my owners manual for my '74 B and was astonished at
what I found.  The switch doubles as the overdrive switch!  To quote the
manual, "Move the lever towards the steering wheel to engage overdrive;
move the lever away to return to direct drive."  I think that all
'74's have this switch, regardless of the type of transmission
fitted.  Hope that answers your question, now I have one for the list.
If the switch is there, does that mean the car is wired for an overdrive
transmission?

Mike Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College
Elementary Education Major, English Minor,
Class of 1999
R.A. of Winston-Salem Hall

"If you want to be happy for a few hours, get drunk.  If you want to be
happy for a few years, get married.  If you want to be happy forever, get
an MGB."