Re: British Car Week

To: "Bill Eastman" <william.eastman@medtronic.com>,
Subject: Re: British Car Week
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 May 97 13:20:20 -0400

>The next event is an autocross June 1.  I think that is enough time to
>throw in rod bearings and a rocker shaft.  I am not sure about main
>bearings, though.  I don't know if you can replace them without pulling the
>engine.
>
>Regards,
>Bill Eastman
>61 MGA
I'm not sure about the A but in most engines, surely not all, you can
repalce the mains by
1) removing the cap
2) repalce lower main
3) use th old lower main to feed around the crank journal so the upper
main begins to turn out of position and you can turn it all the way to
the bottom and it can be removed
4) Replace as a reverse of the above w/ lots o' lube
5) replace lower cap
6) do next.
This will only work if the mains are semi-circular (1/2 circle) and you
can get at all of them.

Good Luck

Larry Macy
78 Midget