Rivets - now what?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rivets - now what?
From: Jamey Harris <jameyh@charles.stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 13:51:11 -0700 (PDT)

A couple weeks ago I got some great advice from some of you on how to
remove the rivets in my sunvisor clips (I'm trying to replace them).
Well, I've finally gotten around to working on it, and I've had great
success in removing the old clips by drilling the rivets untill the
washers came off, but what do I do now.  I've got these rough little
stubs of aluminum sticking out of the windshield, and I can't seem to
pull them out with pliers.  Do I keep on drilling untill they
disintegrate into dust?  Do I have to take the windshield apart and pull
them out from the other side?  Do I just jam another rivet in there?
Penetrating oil?  Acid?  Peanut butter?

Thanks in advance as usual,

Jamey Harris
'79B