Re: MGB Reliability

To: gardner@lwcomm.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB Reliability
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 11:51:44 -0400 (EDT)
NO SIR, you are not a heretic!  I couldn't agree with you more!  These cars
require quite a bit of time and maintenance, not to mention understanding.
 If you couldn't stand to have a car whose turn signals only worked when the
fan was on, you'd hate an MGB.
Now, after that rant, I think I can tell you why.  I read somewhere, maybe
here, maybe online, that the British are different car owners than Americans.
 They like (Or maybe 'liked to') work and fiddle with their cars.  So, BL put
in the dual carbs that needed to be adjusted every two weeks or so.  The
British people liked to have a working relationship with their cars, and I'm
sure that everybody on the list has the same relationship.
I hope that I didn't offend any of our English brethren, I was trying to
paraphrase something that I read before.  This may not be the case, but
somebody wrote it, and it stuck with me...Please don't flame me!
~Mike