Re: MGB Reliability

To: Sunset2B@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB Reliability
From: barry@fountain.net
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 22:06:33 +0000
Sunset2B@aol.com wrote:

> I bought my MGB for the "excitement" of owning an LBC, not the excitement of
> being stranded.  To my list of things to carry in the car, besides the proper
> tools, etc., I carry 2 Motor Club Membership cards and a cell phone.
>
> Sunset2b/70 MGB

  I got AAA+ about the same time as my '78B, and have used it for a tow
once - when the drive shaft snapped, about 1/2 mile from the house.  Had
her towed across town to the friendly mechanic ( Foreign Car Enterprise
in KC ).  Well worth the investment.

  Except for that one time, and the occasional dead battery *before* the
DPO's poor engine ground was discovered, I'd have to say I've found her
a lot more reliable than I had thought or heard.  About the only days I
don't drive the B to work is when it takes a 4-wheel drive to make it
out the 800' driveway.

  I still like the AAA+ and the cell phone, but I don't leave home
without them - in any car...

        Barry

'78 B, vermillion red beater, new tires
'89 Sidekick tank, new top