Re: Best plugs to use - More curious questions

To: Jay Quinn <jpquinn@cyberramp.net>
Subject: Re: Best plugs to use - More curious questions
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 19:29:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Jay Quinn!!

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Jay Quinn wrote:

> OK, I hear Platinum aren't worth it, then I hear they are.

"Mopar Muscle" did a dyno test using different brands of plugs.  The
Bosch platinums didn't make much difference UNTIL THE GAP WAS OPENED UP.
they ended up with with slightly less than double the recommended gap,
and this gave the most hp of any tested plug.

> I hear Nippon, Bosch, etc...

The best plug type on the MM test was PLATINUM.  The best type of
platinum plug was Bosch... (if my OF memory serves me right)

> What about Splitfire?  What about other brands of Platinum?

Splitfire, ha ha ha ha, GREAT ADS, but NO evidence of enhanced
performance!!  As a matter of fact, there's been a ruling/judgement
AGAINST Splitfire's advertising, as well as Slick-50 (Quaker State)

> Why is Platinum not worth it?  Why hasn't anyone mentioned

Because if you don't open up the gap, you might as well put in a
conventional plug type.

> Splitfire and other look/work alikes?  Do they suck?

The only time Splitfire works well is when they are new, with sharp
electrodes, and uncontaminated electrode metal.  Yes, they suck!!

> Q  --  The curious at large

Hmmm, you'd think that there'd be a good tech library in the continuum.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen   (who has a healthy disrespect for conjecture and
                      glowing product testimonials; show me a dyno test)