Re: MG diets

To: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Re: MG diets
From: EMILY COWEN <ecowen@cln.etc.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 12:00:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Michael!!

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997, The Richards wrote:

> I am among the anti-onion forces, though I've been known to eat an onion
> ring if it is fried really crispy. But one thing I will not eat is an

My 26 yr old son rips open the onion rings, and removes the onion.  Then
he makes a pile of the outside parts, douses it with vinegar (to cut the
grease), and then woofs the resulting mess.  This in the MGB at an A&W.

> Oyster. Aachh, people around here eat them RAW. They actually put them in

I too ONCE tried a raw oyster... lightly dribbled with Tobasco sauce,
and it went down... and up; then back down, and up; and down and up
again for the last time.  This in a VERY fancy restaurant to the delight
of my ex-chef uncle who was pounding them back while assuring me how
fresh they were.  I had been into the dinner wine, and had the
pre-dinner drinks, and STILL couldn't handle them.

TTUL8r, Kirk Cowen   (who just can't accept raw [alive] oysters as food)