Re: Alternative carburators to the SU?

To: MG Mavens <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Alternative carburators to the SU?
From: Matt Liggett <mliggett@bluemarble.net>
Date: 16 Jun 1997 23:55:58 -0500
"Rollins, Dan" <dan_rollins@technologist.com> writes:
> My problem is the carburators were tired out, so I decided to
> rebuild them.  I discovered a PO put HIF4 carbs on it.  I have
> decided to revamp the ignition and fuel systems (electronic
> ignition, new carbs and fuel feed lines, etc.)  I have been
> considering getting a Weber downdraft.

Caveat: I'm a Spridget guy, not a B guy.  BUT... the HIF carbs are
quite a step up from HS carbs.  If it was me, I'd keep them and see
how they do on the car before considering different carbs.  If you
plan to work the head, put in freeflow exhaust, hot cams, then also
invest in better air filters (K&N).  Then, I'd get it dyno'd when it's
all done.  All of that is probably money better spent than switching
to Webers.

All IMO, etc. (and assuming you've already rebuilt the carbs).

--
Matt Liggett <mliggett@pobox.com> | Bloomington, IN, USA | '60 Mini
<URL:http://pobox.com/~mliggett/> |    '89 SAAB 900t SPG | '70 MG Midget