Re: Priorities!

To: Hert <hert@worldaccess.nl>
Subject: Re: Priorities!
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:39:02 -0500
Hert wrote:

> The improvements I'm looking for are in a) handling, or more precisely,
> roadholding and b) power. My wife's priority is replacing the Rostyles with
>wire
> wheels, but I'll leave that for later.

Handling: The top four things you can do for your car to improve
handling are (in order of importance): LF Tire, RF Tire, LR Tire, and RR
Tire. A good 'H' rated or better radial will drastically improve
handling. I'm partial to Pirelli P600's but your mileage will vary.

If you start here (http://www.pirelli.com/) and don't spend too
distracted with the calendar, you might find something you like.
185/70R14 tires are getting hard to find with performance aspirations.
You might also browse the TireRack
(http://www.tirerack.com/tires/types/tiretype.htm).

The next thing you can do is rebuild the front end. Everyone hollers the
praises of stiff, nosity, vibration-prone metal V8 bushings but any good
quality bushing set will give you much more precise steering.

Power: Sell car and buy a minivan.

--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"A man of genuis makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional