Re: Seat Belts

To: schnittke@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Seat Belts
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 09:57:10 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-06-20 00:47:01 EDT, Glenn Schnittke wrote:

<< Wha *I'm* looking for is a set of 3-point belts that use the rear deck for
 a mounting point. There's those two little threaded holes on either side of
 the rear deck that were originally intended for a seat belt anchor that
 nobody ever seems to use. But the only 3-point belts I find are made to
 anchor onto the wheel arch.

 Glenn >>

My brackets mounted under the rear deck approximately 4" in from the wing
mounting bolts (arbitrary distance??).  My car does not have threaded
mounting holes, so I had to wire weld them in place.  I also drilled and
mounted a bolt through the boot wall for added strength.  My mounting
brackets had provisions for the mounting that you speak of but my car is an
earlier model and probably is different than yours.  Call Todd Clarke @
Clarke Spares, he knows his MGA's and knows all about the propper mounting of
the seat belt kits that he sells

Scott Helms