Re: Seat Belts

To: gofastmg@juno.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, mgs4dave@warwick.net
Subject: Re: Seat Belts
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 22:03:27 +0800
Curiously enough, I was just last night lusting after the Panhard rod shown at
  http://www.mgbmga.com/tech/index.html
British Automotive has a lot of useful tech facts, and some very tempting
MG parts offered here.

Regards,

>   The tubular shock conversions wont have any effect on the lateral
> location of the axle.  The tube shocks simply will not stiffen the rear
> end from side-to-side at all, if any.  To more positively locate the rear
> axle would take the installation of a panhard rod or a watts-linkage.
> Both of which involve a bit of thought, design and installation pains.
>   I don't know of anyone who offers a Panhard rod kit for a B, but some
> of the vintage racers may know of someone who does.
>

> Rick Morrison
> 72 MGBGT
> 74 Midget

Jerry Causey - 1967 MGB GT
Whidbey Island, Washington, embraced by the Puget Sound
(fairly close to Seattle, and the rest of the USA)