Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #10 Thu Jun 19 09:51:54 MDT 1997

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: mgs@autox.team.net digest #10 Thu Jun 19 09:51:54 MDT 1997
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner@lwcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 02:59:11 +0000

> John,
>
> Had the same problem that you describe.  Go rent an electric impact
> wrench from your local rent-a-tool place and insure that the package
> includes a set of 6-point impact sockets.  With this equipment, the bolts
> come out with ease.  A caution here - this equipment should only be used
> for disassembly - never for putting stuff back together!

Bill,
        Good point about not using impact wrenches for assembly.  A few year
back, I was at a tire/wheel shop getting some new tires.  Saw a tech
(term used loosely) tightening wheel nuts with his air wrench set to
"kill".  The nut cleaned off every bit of the threads on the stud,
leaving nothing but a shiny post exiting the disc rotor.  I made sure
that mine were hand-tightened!

Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner