Re: Dick Criswell

To: atravis@spacey.net
Subject: Re: Dick Criswell
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 22:54:32 EDT
On Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:43:04 -0700 Aron Travis <atravis@spacey.net>
writes:
>>Skip Kelsey writes:
>>
>> On a sad note, I just received word that Dick Criswell was killed
>last
>> Friday, while on the Alaska trek. He lost control of his V8 MGB and
>rolled
>> the car. He was killed instantly. I believe that you knew him..
>
>I just met him at the GOF here in Florida. Very nice man, and proud
>of the new MG-V8. I was supposed to email him some address' of some
>Buick nuts when he got back to CA.
>Things get so surreal when someone dies.....
>
>-Aron Travis-
>"frenzy at half mast today"

 I too had the pleasure of meeting "Dammit Dick" as he was on the way to
the Florida GOF. We sat here at the house for more hours than we planned
swapping yarns about MG and cars and gearheads in general.  Then took the
GT's (his V8 and my 4 banger and played on the roads while supposedly I
was leading him to his motel.

Who was it that said only the good die young?

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget