Re: Cracked Exhaust Manifold 1975 Midget

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cracked Exhaust Manifold 1975 Midget
From: Couchmen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 16:10:33 -0400 (EDT)

<<
 2.  A local machine shop said they would weld it for "about $20"

I once had an exhaust manifold "welded" on a Daimler Dart.  Not very long
afterwards, I was driving at a little over 100mph when the manifold broke
completely.  I thought the Hound of Hell had been let loose - either that or
the fly wheel was about to land in my lap.  I certainly won't get one welded
again.

- Roy