Re: Cracked Exhaust Manifold 1975 Midget

To: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: Cracked Exhaust Manifold 1975 Midget
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 00:43:16 +0100
Robert Allen wrote:

> Adrian Jones wrote:
> >
> > Well, then I thought thats almost the price of a good used one, which is
> > almost the price of a nice new one, which is almost the price of a header.
> > So that leads me to start a new thread on headers.
>
> Oh boy. Here we go.
>
> The standard exhaust manifold for the dual-SU 'B' motors was a pretty
> efficient design; it is unlikely you can install a header and get better
> performance out of a fairly stock motor.

Now that it is late in the evening, I look over today's posting and see
that I may have made a bit of an error. I expounded greatly on the 'B'
cast manifold as you sneakily hid in the title that you're working on a
'75 Midget.

I don't claim any expertise on those infernal Triumph-motored
contraptions.

To redeem myself, there is a fellow in our club afflicted with the cars
who may have a serviceable, used, and maybe even cheap parts for sale.

His name: Jerimiah Randolph
Phone: 816-943-8812
Email: mailto:kcmgb@aol.com

I do know that he has a barn full of dissasembled rubber bumper Midget
parts but I don't know if his (clever) email address is still current.
He lives here in Kansas City, Missouri but I expect he knows how to use
cardboard boxes, sealing tape, and stamps.

Tell'em I sicced you on'em. Usual disclaimers,

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"Never use a big word when a dimunitive one will do."