Wheel swap decision

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wheel swap decision
From: Wally Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 17:43:01 -0700
Many thanks to Todd, Rick and the others who responded with great
ideas and personal experience on my decision of whether to swap my disk
wheels for wires.  I had thought that I could get away in the rear with
swapping half-shafts, but apparently this is not possible.  And I had
conveniently forgotten about the inherent problems with tubes, truing,
etc.  I think we will just blast and paint the disks for now and leave
the wires for someday down the road when we have time on our hands (20,
30 years maybe?).  This whole project started out as a 2 week job to get
this car "roadworthy", and is slowly evolving into a complete
tear-down.  I know, you guys have all "been there, done that, got the
T-shirt".  If I didn't love these blasted infernal machines so much, I'd
chuck the project for some American iron, but where is the redeeming
social value in that?  Besides, I got a 20 year old kid hooked on LBC's
and that can't be all that bad.  Even his 15 year old brother is
starting to take interest...must be his impending license exam coming up
next year!

Sorry if this post is a duplicate...my ISP is somehow related to the
Prince of Darkness and I think the 1st post is sitting in some black
hole.

Wally / Templeton, MA
71 MGB in restoration

remember, if it's got tits or tires, you're gonna have problems...