Re: MG Midget-Weird noises/accelleration-Q from a novice

To: <Tomdamit@aol.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>, <ingan@globalnet.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: MG Midget-Weird noises/accelleration-Q from a novice
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 19:00:05 -0400
In my case, the sound lasted long enough for me to raise the hood and try
to find it only once.  It sounded as if it were coming from the back of the
engine, or front of the gearbox, and was just like the original post
described it:  like a coat hanger caught in the fan.  It's the main reason
I have driven the car only a thousand miles since last year, and most of
that was on one 750 mile round trip.  It happened on that trip about 3:30
a.m. 50 miles from home on the way out.  Luckily, it lasted only a few
seconds, and never returned.  The other times it happened, from in the
cockpit it sounded and felt like the gearbox.  Didn't matter whether it was
in gear or not, though.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 ("Resting" the last 10 years)
Why can't they put manholes in the MIDDLE of the lane?