RE: MG Midget-Weird noises/accelleration-Q from a novice

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: MG Midget-Weird noises/accelleration-Q from a novice
From: Udhishtran Senathirajah <ingan@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 00:58:00 +0100
Hello all,
         A big thank you to Bob Wanta, Steve Byers, Gregory Kirk,
Tomdamit@aol.com (Tom Ware??),Rick Morrison, Dave Vrba and Trevor Boicey for
taking the time to suggest probable reasons for the noise and the
uncontrollable accelleration. The suggested problems included:
Front UJ on the propshaft gone (posible),

Engine mounts (posible),

Gearbox first motion shaft (unlikely, as sound is localised more forward
than GBx and gear is slick),

Big end bearings (EEEK!!- I dont know how to check for this),

Loose piece of carbon (the noise has been present even after 70 plus mph for
over 100 mile trips-

may have been blown out by this time)

Possibly shot water pump (this seems possible as the temp needle had
wandered past 75 percent of the temp dials range and there was a lot of
water spilled inside, on the left of the radiator (facing car), by the
expansion tank).

I have been called away for a few weeks and will harrass you guys when I get
back, to butcher the car.

Thanks

Udhi

Please note that these are entirely my own opinions, If you readers see bits
that offend it is not meant to be so and is probably my genuine
misinterpretation of the facts.

Jiu-Jitsu lessons:
on multiple attakers and due force:
"better to be judged by twelve than carried by six"