'75 MGB seatbelts

Subject: '75 MGB seatbelts
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:31:15 -0700
I am the new owner of a '75 MGB (55k miles). Everything on it is great
except for the inertial seatbelt reels. The drivers side is the better
of the two, but it feels like the spring is worn out that reels the belt
back in. On the passenger side, it often ends up with all kinds of slack
(wouldn't do a bit of good in a wreck). Moss has replacements for $140
each, but they aren't exact replacements (maybe that's good since the
ones I have are screwed up). Any other ideas?

My other idea is to get a non-inertial three point belt for the driver's
side ($40 or so, "vintage style" in Moss' catalog) and put the better
functioning inertial reel on the passenger side (is that possible?).

--
John Steczkowski
PSW Technologies, Inc.