RE: '75 MGB Seatbelts

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: '75 MGB Seatbelts
From: "Feldman, Jack" <jack@ihcmail.ih.lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 08:47:28 -0500
I should have read the digest through to the end, but I am days behind.
Larry A Hoy posted that his aftermarket Moss seatbelts don't work
properly. I had the same problem, and it is solvable.

On the GT the mounting positions were already there, and I had not
trouble. The read bold is on top of the wheel arch, and that makes it a
no brainer since they then pull straight out.

On the roadster (C, but same body), the belts are mounted on the inside
of the wheel arch, and have to be angled up to work. After installation
there are two "knobs with arrows on them that have to point up. If the
angle of the retrackter is incorrect, then even adjusting the knobs
won't work. You have to make sure the angle is correct for the user. Sit
an average person in the seat. Adjust the retractor so that the belt
will pull straight out to go over the shoulder. Then adjust the two
arrows so they point up. They are so sensitive that I was sure mine was
defective (only the passenger side didn't work properly) that I was
looking for the packing slip. I refined the adjustments and it works
fine. It was originally adjusted so that a seven foot person would find
no trouble.