RE: type of shocks for tube conversion

To: aramm@concentric.net
Subject: RE: type of shocks for tube conversion
From: karim.marouf@cancom.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:13:30 -0800
Why not just refit the original shocks? I think you'll like the ride and=20
handling of a perfectly stock suspension=2E

Karim
'67 B-GT
 ----------
From: aramm@concentric=2Enet
To: mgs@autox=2Eteam=2Enet; Karim Marouf
Subject: type of shocks for tube conversion
Date: Monday, July 14, 1997 10:58AM

Some time ago I bought a used set of rear tube shock conversions (not
the Spax type)=2E  The shocks were no good, but I took them to my local
Sears to be matched up to a new set=2E

Well, the new shocks are mounted on the car and are WAY WAY too stiff=2E
These would be wonderful for autocross, but terrible for day to day
driving=2E

Can anyone on the list recommend a specific shock make and model I can
purchase from my local parts dealer that would be an appropriate
application for my BGT?  I'd like them to be sport oriented without
being overly stiff like the ones I already have=2E  Thanks in advance to
any and all who can answer this=2E

Cheers,

Andy
'69 B