Re: type of shocks for tube conversion

To: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: type of shocks for tube conversion
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 20:59:48 -0400
At 03:34 PM 7/14/97 -0400, Jason F. Dutt wrote:
>I have recently put a set of SPAX on my B Roadster, and they seem to be
>very nice.  As I'm sure you know, they're adjustable, and I've found that I
>can set them so gooey that the springs (new) bounce me all over creation,
>or so stiff that it rides like a buck-board.  I don't know about anything
>else, but I understand the Monroe shocks that are available are
>appropriate.

I agree. The Spax are incredible, but I dread the replacement of them a few
hundred thousand miles later at $100/each.  The Monroe shocks that come
with most tube shock conversions are truck shocks, and reportedly make the
MGB handle like s$%t.  spend the extra dough and grab the rear shock
conversion kit.  Adjustable. Nice. Not to hard to install.

Dooh!  now I sound like some Spax rep now.

sorry
jay