Re: type of shocks for tube conversion

To: aramm@concentric.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: type of shocks for tube conversion
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 21:30:40 +0800
> Can anyone on the list recommend a specific shock make and model I can
> purchase from my local parts dealer that would be an appropriate
> application for my BGT?

Andy:

My '67 BGT came with Koni Special D 801244 shocks, which are available from
Summit Racing Equipment for ~86 USD each. Bob Fisher (MGFISH@AOL.COM)
mentioned earlier this year that he uses KYB Gas-A-Just shocks designed for a
70's Corvette.These would probably also be a bit stiff, but KYB also make a
softer, low-pressure gas shock in a GR-2 series, available through most VW Bug
hot-rod shops for ~20 USD each. The big problem is getting a part number for a
non-standard shock. If you have friends in the auto trade, perhaps you can
cross-reference the Koni part number to other brands.

Good luck,

Jerry Causey - 1967 MGB GT
Whidbey Island, Washington, embraced by the Puget Sound
(fairly close to Seattle, and the rest of the USA)