Re: Brake bias

To: gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu
Subject: Re: Brake bias
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 11:36:07 -0500
On Wed, 16 Jul 1997 11:20:20 -0400 Jurgen Hartwig
<gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu> writes:
>At 08:40 AM 7/16/97 -0600, phil sims wrote:
>>The bad news is that MY rears locked and the back end slid harmlessly
>about
>>45 degrees before stopping.
>>
>>OK, so do I back off on the rear adjusting screws a click or two, or
>is
>>there more to keeping the light back end rolling during a "panic"
>stop?

I had some trouble with my back brakes locking up on my MGA.  Came to
find out that the differential oil was leaking into the brake drums via a
bad seal, which is a fairly common problem on A's.  Check inside your
brake drums for oil.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX