Re: Still having fuel challenges... :-(

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Still having fuel challenges... :-(
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 16:01:16 -0400

----------
> From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
> To: Jason F. Dutt <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
> Subject: Re: Still having fuel challenges... :-(
> Date: Wednesday, July 16, 1997 3:10 PM
>
> Jason F. Dutt wrote:
> > To sum up the situation:
> >
> > I'm plumb out of ideas.  I want to say its the fuel pump, but I've had
that
> > challenge before (hence the new one), and the symptoms were different.
As
> > I said before, the pump runs EVERY time I turn the key on after the car
has
> > died.
>
>   When the car is dying, is the fuel pump running?

Hard to say, as my exhaust is a bit noisy...I could check it by sticking my
head down there...What if it was?

>   Also, you can take off a fuel line at the carbs and see if
> the pump can reliably and quickly fill a fuel container. Watch
> for sparks.

Did this already.  Seems OK.

>   If these are SUs, there is a little gauze that looks like a
> thimble right where the fuel lines connect to the carbs. Check
> this. This can limit fuel flow.

Huh?  I dunno what you're talking about.   The only visible thing I have in
the line before the carbs is a fuel filter.

>   But as you suggest, if the fuel pump runs like mad as soon
> as you turn the key, the float bowls are empty. That could be
> a blockage, or a dead fuel pump.
>
>   Sorry if this contains no new info.

No prob.  Any info is good info at this point.