Re: Still having fuel challenges... :-(

To: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Still having fuel challenges... :-(
From: Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 16:15:14 -0400 (EDT)
        Jason you didn't mention the fuel filter did you change it? This
has all the classic signs. You would notice it especially going up hills.
When you shut off the car the dirt settles and allows gas through.
Temperature would have no bearing on the problem. Not sure what you are
driving you may have 2 filters 1 in the pump and an external one. Since
you have a new pump I would look for the external one. As you can tell by
a previous thread it can be any where. If you have a B then to hook up
another ground just connect the allagator clip to the black wire and the
other end to ground such as the rear spring bolt. You may also find that
you have dirt in the carb that is blocking the needle. The only way to
check this out is to take the carbs apart.
...Art