TD Mk "Racer"

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TD Mk "Racer"
From: "Stacie Short" <Shortstuf1@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 97 23:35:15 UT
I am still in search of support info for TD Mk II racing cars.  As unlikely
that any TD was a "Race Car, "  I have the support documents that assure us
that our Mk II was raced in the '50s.

I have original sales literature that lists,
                                       "Extra equipment
                          Prices and supply through your dealer
1.  Chromium-plated external luggage rack.
2.  Chromium badge-bar and two mounting brackets with spot light if required.
3.  Radio concealed in glove box with aerial fitted to scuttle.
4.  Twin spare-wheel carrier and 6 in. rear tyres and wheel for competition
purposes."

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about the #4 item,  competition tyres
and twin spare-wheel carrier.  What tyre manufacturer and specs?  Has anyone
seen a double spare tyre carrier on a TD?  What wheels might the 6" tyre be
mounted on?  Could this be the prupose for the ellusive solid disc wheel?

Still seeking cloth covered spark plug and water lines.  Any suggestions?
Had no luck with the old magazines - but I just bet some vendor somewhere will
be able to help me.  Suggestions for such likely vendors are open, too.

Thanks,  Stacie