Re: MGA questions

To: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Subject: Re: MGA questions
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 10:39:44 -0600 (MDT)
On Sun, 20 Jul 1997, tallen wrote:

> direction.  Is there just so much air that I can't get any suction with
> the mightyvac?

Could be.  Did you replace the flex hose?  It could be old, collapsed
inside, and letting air in.  Don't know about the banjo question.

> 2)  When I start the beast, I have to pull the starter switch really hard
> and quick.  Just pulling it out to the end of it's travel isn't enough.
> Is this normal?  Is there an adjustment?  Do I need a new switch?  I'm

There is an adjustment.  You need to look under the bonnet and find the
switch that you're actually pulling with the cable.  You can start the car
from under there.  (Put transmission in neutral and apply parking brake.)
Look at how the cable attaches to the switch.  You may need to shorten the
cable 1/4 inch or so.

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA                kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.                      http://www.khoral.com
Albuquerque NM USA