Re: Midget Trailer?

To: stecz@pswtech.com, dwatson@feist.com
Subject: Re: Midget Trailer?
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 01:07:58 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-07-29 15:03:01 EDT, stecz@pswtech.com (John
Steczkowski) writes:

> Can you back up with a tow dollie, or is it just hard?

Negative.  If you rent one from U-Haul, that is.  When I towed my first 'B
from Florida, I used a U-Haul tow dollie and had the rear wheels on the
ground.  I got to a gas station in Georgia, and tried to back up after
getting gas.  The trailer wouldn't turn at all.  It seems that the platform
that the front wheels are on pivots from left to right.  I wound up waiting
for people to move their cars so i could get out.  To combat wear and
unwanted miles on the car, I disconnected the speedo drive (heh-heh) and
filled the rear end with clean fluid.  I filled the tires to 35, and checked
all of the above at every stop.  After 1000 miles of 65-70mph driving, the
rear end still had nice, clean fluid in it.
~Mike Lishego