Re: Aging Hobby

To: "Brian & Patricia LaVoie" <BPLAVOIE@worldnet.att.net>, <miker15@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Aging Hobby
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 06:24:25 -0400
> > All in all it was nice to realise that we blokes in their 40s are not
> > going to be the youngest kids around forever!!
>
> Seems I've seen a few listers under 30 on the list in the last 6 months.

Yeah I guess.  I've been on this list for about 2 1/2 years...under lots of
different email addresses.

> I'm 29, but I've been steeped in the hobby since I was 15 and my father
> brought home a Tr**mph TR250 for me to drive when I got my license. 3
> TRs and 2 MGs later I'm still hooked. For a long time, I was by far the
> youngest member of the local club, but lately I'm seeing more
> 20-somethings joining. And I get more awed looks and thumbs-up from the
> under-30 crowd than from the over-40s lately. Maybe there's hope for the
> hobby after all...

I got hooked at 8, and yesterday I got hooked more.  I went for a drive in
a 71 MGB...and it was great to get up to 102 MPH.  I still have to get the
"youngest member" of my local club...

Kai M. Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net @ 1966 MGB -- http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg

Dialogue Internet -- Intelligent Internet Solutions

"Introducing the NEW Lucas Vacuum Sweeper...
...If it is made by Lucas you know is Sucks!"