RE: bushings and bearings

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: bushings and bearings
From: "David Stecher" <DavidAndMichelleS@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 97 05:56:22 UT
I just replaced the bushings earlier this year.  No,  there is more to it than
that.
You need to pit car on stands, compress springs with the floor jack.  Remove
the spring pan and spring so you can completely remove the A-arms.  Remove old
bushings and press in new ones (not as bad as it sounds).  As Haynes would
say.  "Reassembly is reverse of removal".  When it comes time to put the
spring back in, if you don't have a spring compressor get some one to help.  I
pushed the pan and spring back up with the floor jack and had my friend use a
crow bar in the spring to move and compress as needed to align each pan bolt
one at a time.  Good luck.  It's well worth it.  Any questions just ask.
While you're under there think about up grading the sway bar.  I did.

Dave
73 BGT "Fergie"