Re: New MGs and Minis in America?

To: "smrm@coastalnet.com" <smrm@coastalnet.com>,
Subject: Re: New MGs and Minis in America?
From: David Knowles <dknowles@uk.b-r.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 09:52:00 +0100
Terry,

I know that, as you have said, according to the rules, `international
business doesn't work like that', but there are in this case some pretty
sound business reasons why it might. Add in a dash of actual car
interest (!) and a pinch of MG enthusiasm, and you have quite a
cocktail. Remember that when Lutz was at Ford, he was the prime mover
behind the Ford bid to buy Austin-Rover from the British Government, the
intention being to extract the pearl (MG) and kick the oyster into
touch.

This is still speculation but it is not wild speculation - Chrysler
staff HAVE been visiting Longbridge and BMW and Chrysler ARE working
closely together.

David