Re: cooling fan for MGB

To: larryhoy@juno.com
Subject: Re: cooling fan for MGB
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 22:01:59 EDT
Larry,
  Thanks for the tip. There isn't one on this car.  I looked it up in the
Moss catalog, only to find that they think it was fitted to cars from
#341295 on. This car is 272463. In the Workshop Manual is illustrated a
"Stay Rod-Engine" that appears to have the same function. It's not there,
or at least I can't find it. Where is it supposed to connect at the
forward end in the cars with the LH overdrive? Only its rear connection
is partly illustrated.
  I really appreciate your mentioning this--would hate to blow a $265
repair job.
  The radiator shop couldn't get the regular core material (UPS strike)
so substituted a "4-tube, continuous fin" whatever that is, but the
fellows tell me that this will provide considerably more heat transfer
than the original core. I'll get the exact name if anyone needs it.

Bob