Re: Agony and Despair

To: Mike Razor <mrazor@kih.net>
Subject: Re: Agony and Despair
From: Wayne Kube <wkube@iadfw.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 09:30:29 -0500
Mike Razor wrote:

> Still no running MGA tried everything we know.  New plugs, plug wires
> rotor cap, rotor button, points,  rebuilt carbs, balanced carbs and
> put
> a color tune on it and it looked real good.  Was running and when we
> took it for a ride it died about 100 yards from the house and refused
> start.  Checked the points and they were not opening all the way
> opened
> them up and it still would not start, put a new coil on it and it
> fired
> up until wife stalled it out backing it in the garage and it would not
>
> start again.  Timing? Spark? Fuel?

> HELP!
>
> THANKS!

Mike -
    Any chance that you are running a coil that should have a ballast?
And maybe you don't have a ballast?  That would greatly increase the
current in the coil, through the points, and would cause the coil to run
very hot - I would suspect it might damage the coil, but I don't know
how long it would take.

my $0.02

Wayne Kube
'79B