Re: Agony and Despair

To: mrazor@kih.net
Subject: Re: Agony and Despair
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 08:33:07 EDT
Mike,
 I had similar woes a month or so ago--finally discovered that the coil
to distributor wire was burned off at distrib end.  Unmake and re-make
those high-tension connnections and do a resistance check on the wire
just to be sure.
  Doping around trying to find the problem, I kept leaning the carbs
because of fouled plugs. Of course they fouled--they weren't getting
electricity regularly, so they would fire great out of the engine,but
engine wouldn't run.  Found that the nice bunsen blue we used to seek in
the colortune is too lean for today's MTBZ or whatever they call the gas.
You need to have a bit of an orange glow in the blue.
 Do you have fuel at the carbs? Press down the little pin on the
floatbowl with the ignition on. If pump is working it will pump and fuel
will spill out of the bowl.
 I think it's ignition, though, since it sounds so similar to my puzzle.
Bob