Re: New MGs and Minis in America?

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New MGs and Minis in America?
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 09:12:07 -0500
><< Size isn't everything. The MGF knocks out more BHP than some American
> barges I've driven. I covered 700 miles in an F over one weekend, and
> came home very relaxed. That included driving at highspeed (and I don't
> mean crawling along at 70mph) on UK motorways, which have more big trucks
> than most US interstates.

Despite posted speed limits, going 70mph on an American Interstate will give
you a nice view of the rearends of all the cars passing you. I have driven
the Interstate, over 400 miles in a day, in an MGB, Grand Cherokee, Toyota,
Honda, Chevette, Corvette, Land-Rover, Jensen Interceptor, Camaro, Mustang,
Audi A4. . .and on and on. And friends, there may be a substitute for cubic
inches, but their ain't no substitute for point and shoot power. The
Interceptor wins hands down (and you get to check out so many nice gas stops).
  BTW where do they hide all them big trucks whenever I see picture of UK
motorways? Mostly seems to be what we'd consider around town delivery
trucks. You ain't had no thrill like being passed by a big rig hauling THREE
trailers at 90mph! Makes most econoboxes bounce like discarded toys.

Michael, New Bern, NC
67 MGB, made for the twisties
74 Jensen Interceptor, grand tourer
Series III Land-Rover, dirtier the better