Re: Restoration

To: MGS <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Restoration
From: Richard Peterson <Rich_and_Kerry@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 23:43:22 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:mgs-owner@autox.team.net
>Also, Sears sells an 85 amp 20% duty cycle MIG welder for a very good
price.  Does anyone have this piece of equipment; if so, what do you
think about it.<

I've had one for about 4 years now, and I love it.  I've welded everythin=
from sheet metal to plate steel without problem.  I've never used an
oxy-acetylene torch for anything but cutting, so I can't help with
comparisons, but for general purpose, easy-to-use, cheap (relatively),
convenient (120V power) welding, I don't think you would want or need
anything else.  For body work, you'll want to use shielding gas (CO2-argo=
mix), but for most other stuff, the flux-cored wire works pretty well.  L=
et
me know if you want more info.  FWIW, there are a bunch of similar welder=
on the market at lower prices.  I'm always leary of parts and service wit=
stuff like that, though.

Rich Peterson - 102632,1453@compuserve.com

'77 MGB
several S**bs