Kingpin Bushings

To: MGS <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Kingpin Bushings
From: Richard Peterson <Rich_and_Kerry@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 23:05:53 -0400
Hello folks,

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions for my unusual idle problem. =

Turns out three separate things - a tight throttle cable, a melted fast
idle 'plunger' and a GROSE JET!!! - combined to cause my headaches.  Easi=
ly
fixed, after a lot of head scratching, and the car now purrs at 850 rpm. =

On to other things . . .

As you may have guessed, I'm contemplating rebuilding the kingpins in my
'77 B and would like some advice on methods of reaming the bushings.  I
don't have access to the factory tool, but thought about using a brake
cylinder hone to size the bushings to the appropriate dimensions once
they're installed.  Has anyone tried this??  Will I have nightmares when =
go to insert the kingpins??  What other methods are available, if any, to=

do this? =

If anyone knows of a place where I can borrow or rent the factory tool in=

the southern Michigan area (Ann Arbor), please let me know.  That would
make this job a lot less challenging.

Rich Peterson
 =

'77 MGB