Re: Kingpin Bushings

To: Rich_and_Kerry <Rich_and_Kerry@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Kingpin Bushings
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 15:37:00 -0700 (PDT)
I can second that. A long time ago an "LBC mechanic" convinced me that I
could do the kingpins myself, that they needed no reaming to assemble. Why
do they sell a kingpin reamer? Why do they sell a kingpin swivel set that
has been "reamed" if you don't have to ream them I asked. Well I got my
answer and faced with everything torn apart, it being Sunday and Monday a
work day when I needed to use the car, we honed them to fit. It lasted about
a year and a half before Randy Balough was nice enough to funish me with a
set of swivel arms with bushes he reamed with the proper tool.
Buy the swivel arm/kingpin assembly or send away yours to be properly
reamed. Make sure the place uses the proper tool. If they individually ream
each side you wioll have the same problem

Chris