Re: Frank Zappa

To: MG digest submit <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Frank Zappa
From: Philip <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 97 08:34:27 +0100
I've had the same problem with kids not believing that Peter Gabriel was
in Genesis.

Oh, the MG mention (I can't get myself to say LBC) - do you guys know the
Richard Thompson song 'MGB GT'?

BTW, thanks America for both Frank Zappa and Jerry Garcia - RIP.

>       Yes, but can you name Frank Zappa's band?
>       There's a very young airman out at base, and we're always ribbing
>each other about the generational music gap (he's 17).  Anyway, he
>asked me who wrote a particular song, and I told him Paul McCartney
>wrote it with John Lennon while Paul was with the Beatles.  Seeing
>the look of confusion on his face, I assured him "Yes, Paul WAS with
>a band before 'Wings'!  He looked me straight in the eye and said "I
>didn't know Paul McCartney was ever in a band AT ALL!"  Guess he
>thought Paul was just a solo artist that got a late start.  Turns out
>he didn't know Paul Simon, Steve Winwood, or Eric Clapton were ever
>anything but solo artists, either...

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk