Starter Question...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Starter Question...
From: Wizzrd1001@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 10:04:03 -0400 (EDT)
Can having a faulty, starter relay fry a starter? I recently replaced my
starter in my BGT, because on the old one, the solenoid got stuck out, and it
was shot, so we replaced it, not with a reconditioned one, but, one that a
local Foreign parts place had from a 74 B, and, it worked fine, but, just
yesterday, when I turned the key, nothing, not even a click, so, I tapped the
solenoid, and presto, now, I have two silver realys on the left side of the
car if you are facing it, and I know the starter realy is connected
correctly, but, there is a another one, that has purple wires running to it
that I believe control interior lights, 3 of the connections have corroded
away and fallen off, and I need to replace it but the car runs without
them...
Now, do I need to consider ANOTHER starter? A reconditioned one? Could it be
that this one was on it's way to dying? Or, can I save it?  Could killing my
staters have anything to do with my engine being 2 litres and having other
racing equipment on it make it tougher to start than other engines? Any help
is greatly appreciated!!!
                                                      Wiz   74 1/2 BGT