Re: Events Page For Eastern USA British Car Enthusiasts

To: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Subject: Re: Events Page For Eastern USA British Car Enthusiasts
From: Kai Radicke <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 13:38:09 -0400
>I'm a little late, but it kind of snuck up on me this year.  The Watkins
>Glen (Upstae NY) Vintage Grand Prix is this weekend.  This features 10+
>races all weekend plus a car show at the track plus Friday the town of
>Watkins Glen shuts down for big doins.  These include things like a
>Glenkhana, car show, Concours, parades of the old race route through town
>(both street cars and the vintage racers get a turn), live music, etc.
>It's my favorite event!  Anyway, I have no details this year, but I saw it
>in the Moss Motoring I just received and wanted to pass it along.  There
>is a web page:  www.theglen.com
>
>Tom, '60 MGA 1600 (I'll be there, the car -> probably not)

Did you mean this PAST weekend?  Or next weekend?  (Sept 6-7?)

I was in Watkin's Glen this past weekend, for a motorcycle rally.  I really
don't like Watkin's Glen, it was kinda lame...but the region is nice.

Although I did see 12 British Car thru my 3 day trip.

Triumphs: TR3A, GT6 (forsale), Spitfire
MGs: 1973 MGB, two 1975+ Midget, 1969 MGB GT, Silver 75+ MGB, MG T series,
Midget bodyshell (maybe with engine)...1962-68 MGB.  And a blue rubber
bumper that drove at 55MPH thru POURING RAIN, topless!!!  (that is a real
MG nut)

Cheers,

KMR

Kai Radicke -- mowogmg@pil.net, 1966 MGB @ http://www.pil.net/~mowogmg
Dialogue Internet - Intelligent Internet Solutions (Net Khan)

IRC: irc.voicenet.com, #inet-access (my nick: ActiveX or KMR)