Re: air pump

To: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Subject: Re: air pump
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 09:16:39 -0700
At  8:21 AM 9/8/97 -0700, John J. Peloquin wrote:
 The backfire as I let off the
>gas is about the only irritating habit my MGB-GT has. If it is the
>airpump, how do I go about fixing it? Additionally, where is a good
>place to get parts. I am partial to Northwest Imports in Oregon.

Hi, I have a 71 BGT and in the course of the last year I have replaced the
gulp valve, check valve, replaced the air pump, and installed a stainless
exhaust system.  My car has quit backfiring every time I push in the
clutch, but it still pops when going down hills.  I'm afraid this may just
be a feature of our later model cars, because I can't figure out what else
to check which might be a contributing factor.  I've also had the carbs
rebuilt, tune-up, etc.  If you figure it out, please tell me.
Nina